Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Local Current Event S.S. Blog- SB Students Witness histori Moment

The morning of January 18, 2009 a group of forty-four students from South Brunswick High School and six chaperones left for Washington D.C. to see the Presidential Inauguration. During their four day trip they visited many locations such as monuments and the National Portrait Gallery. The trip was expensive at five hundred and twenty five dollars per student but they felt that it was worth it to see that influential moment in history in person. The group had to wake up at four in the morning and it was extremely cold but in the end it was worth it. Many students were touched by President Obama's speech. For instance, junior Saadia Ahmad said ”So much of what he said I felt applied directly to me. I felt what he said and I was shivering, but not from the cold. When you’re moved by something and it gets to you, it just makes you think everything applies to your own life and you want to try to make a difference.” Saadia also said ”The whole time I knew that this was something really important. I just focused on everything that happened so when I look back on this in 20 or 30 years I’ll remember how I felt that day. It’s something that I always want to remember.” All in all, this trip was defiantly a day that all forty-four students will remember.

http://www.centraljersey.com/articles/2009/01/28/south_brunswick_post/news/doc4980d5734f93c267502322.txt

No comments: